Saturday, January 20, 2007

FILM Zoo interview

My interview with Charles Mudede, one of the author’s of the Sundance documentary Zoo just posted to GreenCine daily.

If you don’t know about the movie, which is stirring up all sorts of controversy at Sundance, here’s a brief excerpt from my introduction to the piece:

"Back in 2005, when the Seattle Times reported on the 'Enumclaw Horse Sex Incident,' the story spread like wildfire across the Internet and became their most-read story of the year. It also caught the eyes of Seattle-based director Robinson Devor and writer Charles Mudede, whose dreamily poetic feature film Police Beat debuted at Sundance just six months prior. The resulting documentary essay is Zoo, which is premiering at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival."

Go to http://www.greencine.com/article?action=view&articleID=396 to get the whole article.

Hopefully by the time you read it, they will have changed the author byline from Sara Schieron to my name. I assure you that I did not intentionally write the piece under the pen name of Sara Schieron.

1 comment:

Mai Li said...

Fabulous article. You certainly have a knack for drawing out your interviewee. I'm fascinated by all the conversation about the spirit of truth... I can't wait until I have an opportunity to see this film.